Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ellis Island stories

I feel odd connect to Ellis Island, a place I never personally to have been. Of my two grandparents and all, but a number of my great-grandparents were at one time or another.

I discovered this fact last week when two passenger lists, I wanted had found me, finally, zu.Ich would credit the findings on my commitment and perseverance, but mostly I finally got lucky and found the right placeholders for my search.

Now, between passenger lists, naturalization records and other document routes created my family to America came, I begin to my own family stories of immigration zusammenzusetzen.Wie that exceeds the great-grandfather reject, which accept his American citizenship because he had given up and returned to Italy (his naturalization records are a fantastic read). Or the story, the I still attempts to understand: why my great-grandparents their three children in Austria-Hungary / Yugoslavia / Slovenia for nine years in the first world war had while you set up House in America.

I am a better understanding of my family always, the first moments in America through the newly released Ellis Island oral history collection to the ancestry.com. Listen to the accounts of Lawrence my forest in the same age as my great-uncle was when he first saw the statue of liberty in 1920 and Lillian Galetta who experienced an emotional reunion in the age of four, with her father on Ellis Island, helping immigrants understand me, what went through the minds of my own family when you reached on American soil. About 1,700 stories of immigrants are in this free collection and each offers greater insight in how it was and what drove families, new residents in a new world to be.

Some of the most insightful details about an immigrant ancestor's American experience and life offer immigration-related records, that back home gelassen.Und we have collected, the entire batch as well as tips for searching and to understand more the www.ancestry.com/immigration.Find your own family trip to America or read and hear in addition to oral history we have added almost 2 million new naturalization record indexes and additional lists Boston passengers and crew of the collection the experiences other..Plus, by day of work, we our entire US immigration collection to any open - you can all 170 million + find records with or without an ancestry.com subscription.

Hopefully you find family Ellis Island - or Galveston, Baltimore, Angel Island, Philadelphia, castle garden or a different port quite - connection Sie.Lassen me know when you do this.

Jeanie Croasmun tries to prove that you descends from a family of horse thieves so far but the screwy spelling of the surname only seems to indicate that your ancestors really poor calligraphy hatte.Sie reach at jcroasmun@ancestry.com.

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment